We just got home from a ten day trip from up and around the Baltic Sea. We went on the "poor man's cruise" while my parents traveled in luxury on the Crown Royal Princess. We took planes, trains, ferries and buses trying to meet my parents at each port and ate food that they sneaked off the boat :) We took very little showers and wore the same clothes for most of the trip. That being said we are very happy to be home and clean. All and all we had a great little trip.
Our first day in Copenhagen we rented bikes like true locals and pedaled around the city.

Bike parking

I have to give mad props to Scarlett who is the world's best traveler. She puts up with us parents dragging her around the world at all hours of the day and forgetting that she too needs food. The night before, we arrived to the hotel at 3am. She just went with it finding times to sneak in a little shut eye




We visited Christiania a part of town that declared themselves independent a couple years back after people had been squatting for decades. The place reeked of marijuana and there was reggae music and paraphernalia everywhere you looked. Kind of like Humbolt :) No pictures were allowed inside, so this is the best we could get for you.


The Little Mermaid



7 comments:
Kell Bell... I am so jealous of you and your many travels... my question still remains out there... do you know how long you will be there. Maybe I will just have to take out a loan and come see you cause I miss you tons!
I feel like all of my comments on your blog start out this way, but I'm crazy jealous of this fun life you have. Not fair, Kell Bell. Not fair.
As usual, great photos!
I have heard great things about Copenhagen. You're pictures make me want to visit even more! Hooray for Scarlett being such a great traveler. What a trooper.
We wish we were there with you! Liam is a good little traveler too--it makes all the difference.
It was so fun to come into port and know that we would meet up with you. You are excellent travel guides and Scarlett's eyes lit up when she saw us. Too much fun!
your lives are too fun. please adopt me as one of your children!
Post a Comment