Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Istanbul Day 4

Sunday morning we took a taxi to a city called Ortakoy. It's just north of Istanbul up along the Bosphoros. They had a little market with hand crafted items. We came across some women who were making gozlemes, they are kind of like crepes, who wanted us to buy one from each of them. We split up so they could each make us one.

We are now home trying to figure out where we want to go next. Our apartment has no gas meaning no hot water or stove for another week. I think we are going to rent a car and take off to Lake Bled, Slovenia on Thursday. Poor us :)

World Traveler, sorry Phil, Scarlett has you beat


View from the market


Appeasing the locals


Gozlemes


Scarlett's new doll, Aisha, that we bought at the market


Family Portrait

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Kelly, I must say that you are one brave/awesome mother. I remember just being so overwhelmed to take Maddie to the grocery store down the street! You make it look so easy. I am now determined to be a more brave/awesome mother next time I have a newborn.

PapaRandy said...

Ok, Jared and Kelli, have you no shame! I'm looking at 4 female photographs all on the same page of your blog today:
1) Kelli buying crepes
2) Woman making crepes
3) Cute close up of Scarlett
4) But on the right is an ad for Spike TV with a nearly naked HO in a leopard skin bikini top with a jewel in her belly button and so forth. Can you see this on your end? The only thing missing is the ability to a comment on #4.