Tuesday, February 17, 2009

What a Ball

On Friday night we went to a Vienna Ball. It was quite an experience dressing up with some 4,000 other people and visiting rooms in the Hofburg Palace that are normally off limits to visitors.

Highlights of the Ball:
*Jared's costume tux rental
*Pretending to know how to Waltz
*Ice Cream at 11pm and then again at 1am
*Sharing the experience with friends
*Checking out all the beautiful dresses

Lowlights of the Ball:
*Being 6 months pregnant
*Feeling 6 months pregnant
*Looking 6 months pregnant
*Acting 6 months pregnant (I had my moments :)


The main ballroom - packed with people


Much needed rest for my feet. I was silly enough to wear heels


Check out Jared's tux :)

5 comments:

the dowiaks said...

wow! beautiful - meaning YOU and the decor. i like what you did with the dress. good work!

Ann said...

What a memorable experience. You two are beautiful...pregnant and all.

Anonymous said...

WOW! How did you get to go to a ball? I want to do that...and I lOVE the tux... :)

Erin said...

you look gorgeous still! what a fun night!

Anonymous said...

great pics! I really enjoyed looking at everything, especially the carnival!!!

Mirjana